June 10, 2008

It took planes, trains and automobiles, (literally) but I've finally arrived. While we checked our bags in Atlanta monday afternoon, our group told me that I would probably miss my flight in Paris...but it turns out that the rest of our group missed their connection. So, I took the train from my arrival city to my current city with a teammates wife and child, and here I am. The rest of the team is still sitting in JFK, hopefully they don't go airport crazy. The circumstances that caused their delay made zero sense but we know that God had His hand in it, and He displayed that on my train ride. I sat by a 20 year old girl from one of the local cities during our 6 hour trip, and she was very friendly. She asked a lot of questions about my life and what the purpose for the trip was, and I hesitated about witnessing to her. Obviously that's what I'm here to do, but I was still trying to get a feel for how bold I could be. After some covert communication with my teammate, I decided to go for it. I began to pray that God would allow me the chance within the conversation to witness to her, and almost immediately it happened. She started to describe the emptiness of her life and how she used to have dreams, but is now living for "nothing". It was a perfect opportunity to share with her what gives me purpose in life, and I ended up sharing the gospel with her. She really seemed to think hard about what I was saying and the question of her eternal destiny. My teammate exchanged info with her and they plan on spending some time together in the next 6 weeks. Her name is Wiam and I ask that you guys would pray for her. As you read this, please don't get the idea that I'm something special or accomplishing things with my own strength, because I'm not and I can't. It was obviously the Holy Spirit working through me (somehow) back in that train car, and it's going to take the Holy Spirit working in her if she's going to know Jesus. I left her with a arabic copy of John and Romans; please pray that she reads it and considers what Jesus did for us on the cross.  

I know that God's really going to work down here, and it's already started. Thanks for your prayers. 

1 comment:

mdstreh said...

son,
What an amazing God directed adventure/ministry has begun. He is opening doors already. Mom and I are praying for you and love you very much. Dad